New blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Flowers made from old tights or nylons

http://simplesisterblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/flowers-made-from-tights.html

I had some old tights of Moo's so I thought I'd try it. 












Take the tights and cut off the legs of the tights and then the toe, so all you have is a tube.  Sew a line into the middle of the tight using a big stitch.  Pull one of the string, not too tight or you have to start all over and make it cinch up then start rolling it into shape.   Glue with the glue gun along the way.  I took the top part of the tights (because I didn't have felt) to glue the tight flower onto.  Then I glued the clip on.  The instructions on the link above are great.  It was quick and easy once I got the stitch right, pulled the tight when I was running them through the sewing machine to make the stitch bigger.

No comments: