These were found at Pass the Plate
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker
Yields: 16-18 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup Oreos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and well-combined.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are well-combined. Add the flour and mix on low until the flour is incorporated. I don't know if it was the elevation I live at, but I ended up having to use 1 to 1/2 cups more of flour. Stir in the mini chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Place the Oreo cookie crumbs in a small bowl. Scoop the cookies into about 1½ to 2″ balls and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the tops are slightly puffed.
- Cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.