New blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Checkered Cake

So I traded my little sister a pampered chef pitchers that I don't use for somethings that she had on hand from when she used to sell it.

She gave me the cute little loaf pan that has 4 little places for loaves.  And checkered cake pans, then she decided she really wanted a cake that she showed up with cake mixes and frosting.

So I decided to make her one...

I used a strawberry and chocolate cake mix and mixed them in separate bowls.

The I poured them in the pampered chef pans



Then I put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 29 minutes




Guess who put the racks too close, haha...

I took them out of the oven and let them cool for a while.



 Once they are cool I cut the hump off the top so that they could lay straight on top.
I saved the extra that I cut off for some cake balls, follow the link and you will find them there

 I placed a thin layer of cream cheese frosting between each cake.

 Than I made sure they were all level

 I put a think layer of frosting on the top so that it would pick up any loose cake pieces.
 And here it is all frosted


 Then of coarse she wanted sprinkles
 We ending up having cake at my brothers house, with lots of kids, a neighbor (and their kids) and lots and lots of fun!!!
 Here is what the inside of the cake looked like, pretty cool!!!
Thankfully they ate all of it, I didn't have to bring any home.  I think it was a successful evening :)

No comments: