New blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Oatmeal Bars with a twist :)



 Heavenly Oatmeal Bars with a twist...  The twist???  Butterscotch and Caramel, oh yummy :)

I have been craving oatmeal cookies or something with oatmeal for a while.  So I went search...  And this is what I found...  But I wanted more...  That's when I decided to put the little twist on it. :)

Here is my recipe:
3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cups Butter Crisco
2 cups of Oats
2 cups of flour

1 cup of Butterscotch chips
1 cup of Chocolate chips
1 can of condensed milk
40 pieces of caramel

Mix together the salt, baking powder, brown sugar, Crisco, oats and flour.



Press the mixture into a 9x21 cookie sheet

 Put it into the oven at 350 for 14 minutes or when the edges are browned a bit.

While that is heating up place the unwrapped caramel and the can of condensed milk on the stop top and heat until the caramel is melted

When the mixture is cooked take it out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes, if you don't the top will stick to your spoon.

Pour the caramel over the brownie, then sprinkle the butterscotch and chocolate chips.

 
Put back into the oven for 5 more minutes.  Cool and then serve



I think I over cooked mine a bit that's why I changed the cooking time, they were really crumbly.  I bit too crumbly :)

No comments: