New blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I know the Scriptures are TRUE


I don't know if you have noticed, but I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in short I am LDS.  Mormon if you would like, and I love it!!

I was born and raised as a member.  I grew up going to church each week and learning the gospel.  However, there was a long time in my life that I was not active in the church., I went away from the church when I was 17 and didn't return until I was 29.  During that time there were a lot of things missing in my life!  I could feel it!  I still said my prayers, though and I still believed in most what the church taught.  I say most, because I knew that I was doing wrong things (drinking, smoking, non-marital sex) and I didn't want to out right say I was a hypocrite, even though I knew it deep down.

Why did I do all those wrong things???  Because I wanted to be loved and that's how I thought I was loved, by the attention I received whether it was negative or positive.   I had a boyfriend and we lived together.   Honestly I really didn't love myself enough to know I deserved better.

A turning point happened when my father passed away when I was 26.  He was such an awesome father!!!  He loved us no matter what, even though he didn't agree with what I was doing, he was still always there with a big bear hug.  My father died in an accident at work, it was a horrible time, but I got through it.  And the only way I could really get though it and move on was to rely on the beliefs the church had taught me.  I KNEW that I was going to see him again one day!!!  I knew he would still watch out for my mother from heaven.  The Church teaches us that families can be together forever when you are sealed together in the temple.

I still continued to live with my boyfriend.  Now when I say live, I mean we would get into fights ever couple months, I would move back home, we would get back together, it was a vicious cycle.  And it had always been a cycle since we were first together we started dating when I was 20.  Finally I had it, it was either marry me or I was leaving for good.  He knew I was serious, so we got married within the week.  I knew it wasn't going to work before we got married, but I wanted to be a wife and a mother!!!  We got married when I was 28.

We would fight all the time, the neighbors probably loved the show, I cringe thinking back at what I put up with.  After being married for a couple months we were ready to call it quits.  Then I found out I was pregnant, I had gone off birth control right after we got married. I really wanted to have children and we had been dating for over 8 years. We decided that we were going to try to make it work.  Even though in the back of my head I knew it wasn't going to, he wasn't going to change and I didn't want the life that we had been living, especially for my child!!!  But that didn’t last long, old habits are hard to break.  After we had been married for three months, we separated and the divorce was final after four months.

I was three months pregnant, divorced and living with my mother.  I was the happiest I had been in a very long time!!  After my little angel Madi was born, my ex signed over his rights as a father.  I had full custody and all ties were cut.  I was perfectly okay with this and it was for the best, I didn't want her to see the horrible fighting and deal with long term issues and the ugliness associated with our relationship.

After the divorce I started reading the Book of Mormon, I read it all the way through and went back to church.  My father always had a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and the scriptures, he read them often.  Now that I had this perfect angel, I wanted to be able to create my own eternal family.  I knew that the gospel would fill my life with the spirit that I had been missing.


I started talking and hanging out with a wonderful guy, Travis, from work.  After a while Travis and I started hanging out outside of work and going to lunch together.


 That friendship became something more when I took him out for his birthday and plopped a big kiss on him :)  Madi was one when we started dating.  He was a member of the church which was the only type of guy I was looking for, someone with a strong testimony and love of Christ.  My ex-husband did not have the same beliefs as me and I knew I would always want to be an active member of the church.


Other things were also changing in my life.  When my daughter was 18 months old I moved out of my mom's house and into my very own home!  The ward was so wonderful and friendly, they were very welcoming.  This time I didn't go to church for my parents and because I was told to! I went to church for me!  There were times it was lonely, being in a family ward it is hard when it's just you and your daughter.  You are surrounded by families and you are reminded that you want that perfect family as well.  However, I loved going to church and the wonderful feeling that stays with me I had all week when I would go.


I married Travis on 1/1/11, it was a wonderful day!!!  Madi, Travis and I will be able to be sealed together in the temple the first of next year and it is an experience we can not wait for!  I think Madi is the most excited.  She always talks about when we get to go to the temple to be sealed.  Travis and Madi are the light of my life and bring me so much happiness.



I have a wonderful life and I never really knew what real and true happiness was.  I never really knew what it meant to really love myself, because when you love yourself you can love others even more.  I am so grateful every day for the church in my life.  I am blessed with a wonderful family and friends. I am proud to be a Mormon!!!

 I wrote my story because I joined a forum, you can see the button on the right side of the page.  It's called the Book of Mormon Forum.  This wonderful woman named Jocelyn Christensen from the blog We talk of Christ and Rejoice in Christ started this forum to try and share the gospel.  I have never done anything like this, and I thought it was time to share.  I know there are a lot of people out there that make mistakes and wonder if they can ever come back.  The Atonement and Repentance is a wonderful gift that Christ gave us. I want others to know that it is easier to come back to Christ than it is to live with the struggles of self-worth.  Christ loves you, and happiness is out there and you deserve it!!!

The purpose of this blog forum is:
-to share the truths of the gospel/Book of Mormon with our friends
-to strengthen our ability to testify of The Book of Mormon online and in person
-to grow our own testimonies of this sacred book



I would like to share my testimony with you, I know that the church is the true church of Christ.    I know that Joseph Smith was able to get the Golden Plates and translate them for all of us to be able to read this wonderful book. I know the Scriptures are true.  I am thankful every day for the church in my life and the wonderful blessings I receive by following the commandments of the Lord.  I am so grateful for the chance to be able to get sealed together with my family in the temple for all eternity.   I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and that Thomas S Monson is also a true Prophet of God.  I am thankful to be brought up in the church and to be able to bring my daughter up with the knowledge that she is a daughter of God.  I love Heavenly Father, Mother and his son Jesus Christ. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

I am grateful to be part of this forum and to be a member of this church.

3 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Really remarkable! Thank you so much for sharing this and inviting others to participate! I'm going to be making a blog list just for the forum...soon! :) That way others can access your testimonies as well!

Boyd said...

Thanks for sharing Kimberly.What a wonderful outcome. I wait for my daughter ( my only daughter) to have a similar story. I know it will happen eventually and have faith in my Father in heaven and my savior Jesus Christ. I know both of your parents are proud of you and well as other family members. We come from great family and it will be wonderful to see them all again someday. Thank you for your testimony.

Kim said...

Boyd: Thank you, I hope the same out come for your daughter also. I never really had true happiness until I turned into the person I was supposed to be. I am so grateful for our wonderful family! We are so blessed!

Jocelyn:
Thank you for giving me the challenge to help others :)