New blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Slow Cook Bajio Chicken




I found this yummy recipe at Six Sisters' Stuff

Ingredients:


5 chicken breasts
1/2 cup salsa
1 Tbsp cumin
1/2 cup brown sugar (more to taste)
1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
6 oz. Sprite (1/2 can)

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to crock pot and cook 1 more hour. Thicken the juices with a little cornstarch mixed in water.
Serve with flour tortillas, lettuce, cheese, black beans and any other taco fixings.
If you want it spicier rather than sweeter add a hotter salsa and more green chilies.
 
 Mix the  Green Chili's in a bowl
 I put the chicken in the bottom of the Crock Pot
 I mixed in the brown sugar, salsa, cumin and sprite
 Then I poured it on top of the chicken
 After I let it slow cook for 3-4 hours I shredded the chicken with forks and put it back into the crock pot.
 Then I added black bean (I drained the juice)
 I let it sit overnight in the fridge and started it Sunday Morning before church
 I also added Rice :)




No comments: