New blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Rice Bags



I have been wanting to do rice bags for a long time, and as I was cleaning out Madi's old baby blankets I decided I was going to recycle.   I used Madi's old blanket, I folded it in half and then cut it into 5 pieces. 


Turn the material inside out, sewed down the length of the material on each side, on the width the one side is folded so I only had to sew half way on the non-folded side.




When you are done sewing, making sure you leave at least a two inch whole on the one width, turn the material right side out.


This end has the two inch hole on top

I made five of them, you can see the ends are rounded a bit, I love that I could recycle Madi's blanket :)

I put some essential oils in my rice...  A couple of them I mixed Lavender and Citrus Bliss, the other ones I mixed Lavender and Serenity.  They both smelled really good and soothing :)



Using the funnel in the two inch hole, fill the bags with rice.  Fill the bags 3/4 of the way up.


Hand stitched the two inch hole closed.


These were a quick and fun thing to do...  I love how they all turned out.  And I love giving my creations away :)



No comments:

Blog Archive