New blog

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Steak and Rice Casserole

I had made steaks for dinner last night and we had tons of left over steak, so I decided to make a casserole.  Well 2 to be exact, when you have a small family it is easy to cook a lot and freeze some too :)




Ingredients:

2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup of sour cream
3 small green onions
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
4 cups water
6 cups rice (I like to make extra :) )
2 cup of milk
Shredded Cheese, you can use as little or as much as you like.  I love cheese so I put 2 cups in the mixture and then I will also put it on top to melt.



Turn the oven to 350 degrees

 I had cooked some of the steaks, but a couple of them were still rare, so I put them in the crockpot with water to cook and the left over pieces to soften.



Sorry for the blurry pic

After they were done I cut them into bit size pieces and let them sit

I mixed together the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup of sour cream, milk, water, salt, garlic, and onions.




 Mix in the rice and cook in the oven for a total of 1hour.

Add the steak and mix it in


 Then I poured it into two different pans one 8x8 and one 9x13



Cook it first for 40 minutes covered, then take it out and place shredded cheese on top the last 20 minutes.



No comments:

Blog Archive